Saturday, December 27, 2008

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Part Two

Well, I finally finished it, thanks to some quick walkthrough research. I heartily recommend downloading one off here before you attempt something foolish. I made mistakes and had to replay a lot of needless stuff that I could have just bypassed. The savepoints are irritating.

On the other hand, I was impressed how the storyline wrapped up finally. Quite interesting and the history of Apollo and Trucy was brilliantly played out, as was Lamiroir's true identity (didn't see that one coming!).

Next on the purchase list is... Harvest Moon DS. I know, I know. But it's my friend Dan's fault. He lent it to me ages ago (just before he lent me Phantom Hourglass actually... ^_^) and I found it a great game to play. Since I got him Rune Factory for Christmas, I thought that the least I could do was get myself a copy of that addictive little game.

Now, something that I've been thinking over. The game studio kicks off next week, so I've been considering combining what's been asked of us as well as what's been considered by the designers and artists. What we've been asked for is a 2D-puzzle game (pandering to our programming rad-man, Josh, no doubt. He is brilliant, though). What we want is a 2D-sidescrolling adventure.

So, what to do?

Well, here's a notion for the motions. There's a game called Professor Layton and the Curious Village, I believe. In that game, you follow the usual RPG motions while indulging in brain teasers and puzzles. What if we built those puzzles into a story of a island culture, with the protagonist a small, plump native who is passing through the rite of passage of his intellectual tribe? You could even upscale it and work it into a more westernised nation, perhaps even parody modern western culture.

Not that it doesn't already parody itself. A good look at any Monty Python skit will show you that.

Anyway, stop by the studio Game On forums and let us know what you, the public, think. We need all the help we can get.

No comments: