Friday, August 20, 2010

The Next Great Adventure - Sydney!

Well, ladies and space marines, this will more than likely be my last post from Brisvegas before my epic adventure to Sydney! I've been hired by a game company to be my awesome self (can't tell you too much - yet!) with them. The flight is booked, some of my stuff is packed and my mother wept. But what an adventure!

Here's the thing - while hunting for a job in the industry, it's going to be difficult to find a job close to home. Hell, I had to travel interstate for just the interview! :D But if you're willing to work hard and to go the extra distance, you're bound to impress your potential employers.

Also, keeping a game blog (much like this one) is an excellent idea. You have a limited amount of time to wow the company with your game knowledge. Just think of what you can say about your ideas in a blog and what your would-be bosses can read if you can give them a link to your blog! It will definitely work in your favour.

So here I am - I handed in my resignation for my part-time job (the one that I've held for the last 7.5 years!) yesterday and the countdown is on to D(eparture)-Day. In true girly tradition, I bought new shoes (a pair of very cool leather-studded high heels!) and a new bag (to which I immediately transferred my Starfleet Medical insignia badge).

So the next time we meet, I'll be a Sydderian! A Sydney-sider! Oh God... at least I'll be closer to Anthony Warlow...

No comments: